apd Forum – Spain
„Without doubt, it is extremely important to believe in people and enhance their talent“-Carlos Llonis – General Manager Truck&Wheel Automotive.
Digital transformation implies a social transformation. In the automotive sector, the knowledge pyramid is shaped like this:
- 60-80% of the people perform as they are told.
- 20-30% of the people have the technical capacity to improve the process with their ideas.
- And 5-10% are technical leaders who can change the process.
Our current challenge is to invest on this pyramid and reverse it:
- Increasing the percentage of people who have the ability to develop new standards of advanced technology, and disruptive innovation.
- On a second level, we should have the people who can improve these new standards: maintenance, programming, knowledge robots, PLCs…
- And last, the smaller percentage will be taken by repetitive activities, which should be able to be replaced by machinery, robots, software, etc.
Leading the transformation of business models. Pamplona (Spain) – apd forum